Friday, December 16, 2005

Oh ... my ... god ...

[First of all sorry no pictures in this post. My Fujitsu lappy crashed so now I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything in my new Acer 5504. Sweet!]
You'll never believe what actually happened to me yesterday morning. It was something out of a classic comedy!!!

I was fiddling with my ring while waiting for the train on the platform at Kallang. The train came. I got in the cabin and intended to put my ring back on my finger.

Ring refers to my WEDDING BAND that my hubby just bought for me about 6 months ago.

During this time, in my left hand I was holding HUGE ASS copy of 8 Days!!! 8 Days ah ... joker ah ... so big copy ... just carrying it around was a hassle!! I guarantee all the ladies in Singapore who read 8 Days this week cannot put it in any of their bags!!! Not even a standard laptop bag can contain that huge magazine!! I mean SIZE and not THICKNESS leh!

Okay ... I was holding that damn magazine in my left hand ... so ... well ... it got in the way of putting back my ring. Next thing that happened was so ... unbelievable that I was stunned there for a minute before squeeking out a "Oh Shit!"

My ring slipped out of my fingers, BOUNCED once on the train floor, then bounced OUT OF THE TRAIN just when the train doors CLOSED!!! So the ring was OUTSIDE while I was INSIDE!!!

How long was I stunned ... about the timing between the Kallang station and City Hall. I took THAT long to decide to go back to try to find it.

Got back, looked for the station master. He couldn't see the ring at all between the rails ... cries. Told me I had to wait til the next day at least to get it back. Already exchanged contacts with him, and just then, from the corner of my eye I saw a shiny object on the corner of the platform floor! MY GOD LOH!! MY RING!! F-ING LUCKY ME!!!!

Never again would I fiddle at a train station. From now on I'll wait til the DOORS ARE FULLY CLOSED before fiddling.

Was like half an hour late meeting Fiona who was already queuing up to pay for her purchases from the ... MANGO SALE at Wisma. Kekekeke. Yes we met up at 9am to just go and hustle and squeeze and snatch with I think half of the women in Singapore at the Mango Sale. Hee hee. From the looks of the number of women and crowds I see at ALL 4 outlets in Orchard (Wisma, Lido outside, Lido inside Isetan, Takashimaya), I was guessing like at least HALF of these women took LEAVE from their work to just come down to shop!! Hahahaha. Dear little Fiona was one of them!!! But I guess its worth it.

Came away with quite a few good buys. 3 tops each $19 and 1 top $49. Why $49? The material cost I guess .. plus it was very suitable to go two ways, can be worn to the office topped with a skirt or pants, or can be worn to club topped with jeans! Cool!!!

I still got two more $19 tops whom a stranger helped me reserved on Tuesday. Gosh ... she was soooooo nice!!! And lucky thing I reserved too cause those two tops the colours are no longer available during the sale ... PHEW!!! Will be meeting her on Monday to get them from her.

Will most likely be collecting back my wedding photos today!! So next entry will be quite full of photos kekekeke.
Confirmed tickets to go to Bangkok on 31st Dec coming back on 3rd Jan. Going with my hubby, both my parents-in-laws, both sis-in-laws, and an auntie. Now a big problem ... all the cheaper hotels are fully booked ... including Mandarin Hotel the one we usually frequent.
Still waiting for the launch of the Motorola V3X ... please come soon ... me wants it so bad! Kee kee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home